When it comes to finding love online, how you present yourself can have a big impact on the type of attention you receive – or don’t receive. Click here for some tips on what to do, and what not to do when setting up your profile.
The process of setting up a profile on your favorite mixed race dating sites might seem like a daunting task. The reason why mobile applications like Tinder have been so successful is because they make the setup process quick and simple so that users are able to jump into finding love. Unfortunately, that is exactly what these types of apps have a reputation for catering to hook-ups only. When you are serious about finding that special someone on a mixed race dating site, you need to also be serious about getting your profile setup accordingly. Here are some things that you should and should not do.
1. DO include a few sentences about yourself. Focus on the type of person you are, your career goals, and at least one short story of something interesting that you have done or has happened to you.
2. DO NOT brag excessively. Men, in particular, are known to overstate their achievements in an online dating profile. This immediately sends the message that you are full of yourself and can be a turn off to potential matches. Be proud of who you are but don’t get too cocky.
3. DO include multiple pictures. The first thing that users see in their match results is your photo. Be sure to include a variety of photographs of yourself that show off you doing different hobbies. Stick with natural lighting for the best images that naturally radiate your skin tone.
4. DO NOT include naked, altered, or poor quality photos. Potential matches want to see the real you. This means that they do not want to see photographs that have been photoshopped or edited with excessive filters and fake makeup. Also avoid photos that are low quality or do not let you be fully visible. Think: cell phone photos before the current age of high end integrated cameras.
5. DO Talk about what you are looking for in a partner. If you want to attract the right match, you need to set the right bait. In a few sentences, highlight the partner which you are looking for. Talk about their attributes, characteristics, and even their personality type.
6. DO NOT generalize or pick at certain features in a partner. A common mistake is to be overly bold about what you are not interested. I.E. If a man says that he is interested in an “exotic woman with beautiful curves” but then follows it up with “big black women need not apply.” Being this straightforward can actual deter the matches that you want.
7. DO fill out personality quizzes if available. Although personality assessments on mixed race dating sites can be tedious and time consuming, they are vital for a reason. These help users understand different parts of their personality and how it interacts with that of others. Matches are derived based on this information which means that you are more likely to connect with the individuals listed if you have adequately filled out the personality assessment.
8. DO NOT assume your matches are the end all. Be sure to check out those who do not show up in your immediate recommended matches. A computer can only do so much. Sometimes finding love is just outside of your set parameters.